Make Quality, Eat Quality



My needs and wants
nourish my mind and body.
I feel my spirit choosing
soul of industry
and in return gifting
me peace and time.
A guiding star in sky
from private history
holds my sight.

Nourishing my mind and body, too
Is life's comedy and tragedy
that we watch unfold
and by rising to meet needs
and expectation,
we fulfill obligations
to ourselves and others
in return for liberty
and freedom.

I feel
all humanity
shares fire of life.
That Fire for Life
is the defining article,
not blood, nor responsibility
nor brainwave, nor heartbeat,
but primitive spirit
For when death is the result,
it is an end to the cycle of living
and stream of consciousness shared
by anything growing and learning.

Souls of industry
demand we grow and learn.
Stunting jobs are unfufilling
as you may know.
And so we seek variety
and challenge
to spice our lives.

Gifts of time and peace
rest easy when I find that spice
else I get restless
seeking something to create
or exchange to replace
the crushing boredom
and loneliness that pervades
the monotony of gray days
and black nights.

A guiding star
are my habits.
My strength though
is trying new things
as sometimes my actions
result in no benefit
for either me or family
and friends.
Cheap fun distracts
from industry,
because it can lack meaning.
Give me something convenient
and makes me feel good.
That, I believe would cure
addiction.  Whether arts
and crafts or poetry slamms.
I know now I am not alone.

My private history
is one of freedom.
Inside I carve empty caverns
from rock, out of feelings
of claustrophobia.
Outside I explore
for new sights
and new ideas.
But I keep little.
And everywhere ephemeral
emotion arises
that I find sometimes
difficult to dispel
or hold onto when nice
all coming unbidden
and departing without goodbye.
And always a box being dropped
on my head.

In my sight
resides creation
and exchange.
I can either make
and trade for good things
feeding life into Health
wealth, ingenuity, and acceptance,
or lack understanding
and create indifferent worlds,
with no benefit but to myself.

We can learn something
from ourselves and others
as Fires of Life
you may know
get restless
without arts and crafts
and poetry slams
for new sights and ideas
to feed lives.