In Meditation


Begging for Peace,
sudden or gradual,
is work never finished.
Expect nothing, desire less
for we're proven fools.
That is my life, anyway,
which houses me.

Sudden or gradual
peace comes round
building noble ecos
after foot of man
has stamped petty foot
over measured health
and wrecked fortune

Peace is never finished,
As an ocean
Its wealth
heaps on head
like rain or wave;
and like an ocean,
Mostly only wind
stirs up its trouble
that tears down
and builds up beaches
in tempests.

Expect nothing and desire less
from oceans and waterways.
It is the blood
of ingenuity
pumped by hearts of Earth
which supplies
different peoples
different expectations
for prosperity.

We're proven fools
by our own nature
and the natural world
We have to accept
what we can control
is nearly nothing
in the great expanse
of infinite universes.
But our great smallness
may be our strength
to walk through walls,
entangle with heaven,
or sneak up on sleeping.

That is my life anyway.
I'm very small at 6 feet,
and my arms can't box with God.
I swim in oceans with dread
and I keep far away
to watch breaking surf,
sometimes in light of moon.
But my mind can touch
across space and time
and so I'm reaching
to place in your hand
a gift, a present.

Housing me
is my present.
What will your present do?
How does that affect society
defined by Nature and Man?
defined by Markets and Industry?
Is it spiritual or material?
Or is it both!

Peoples prosperity
measures health
and wealth
ingenuity
and acceptance